Thursday, May 21, 2009

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY

We live in a world that teaches people directly and indirectly how to blame people and circumstances when their lives are not moving in the direction they envisaged. That way of thinking keeps people in one position and they watch life pass them by because they have an excuse why they won’t make a move.
You must realize that problems and challenges are a part of life. You can’t take them away, but you can take responsibility by looking for the opportunities within them.
“I’ve got a problem”
The young man had just come up to Dr. Norman Vincent pearl on 5th avenue in new York city he gripped Dr. pearl and said, “ please help me I can’t handle my problems. They are too much.”
Dr. Pearl said, “I’ve got to give a talk if you’ll let go of my lapel, I’ll show you a place where there are people with no problems.”
The desperate man said, “if you could do that I’ll give anything to go there.”
He took him to the forest lawn cemetery in new York city and dr. pearl said, “look, there are 150,000 people there. And I happen to know that none of them have problems.”

No comments: